**Terms and Conditions - Timber Flooring Supply and Installation**
1.** Acceptance of Terms**
- By engaging with Salisbury Wood Floors LTD, hereafter referred to as "the Company," you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions. These terms constitute a legally binding agreement
between you and the Company.
2. **Scope of Work: **
- The company agrees to supply and install timber flooring as detailed in the estimate or written agreement provided to the client.
- Any additional services or materials not specified in this estimate or written eagreement will require approval in writing.
3. **Site Readiness**:
- The client shall ensure that the installation site is accessible and clear of any obstacles that may hinder the progress of the work.
- Any wet works (plastering etc) or other construction activities that may impact the timber flooring installation should be completed and dry before the company's scheduled installation date.
- Should for any reason work outlined in the estimate cannot be carried out and completed on the agreed date due to site conditions a charge of £250 including vat will be payable.
4. ** Estimates and Pricing**
- All estimates provided by the Company are based on the information provided and are subject to change. Estimates are valid for a specified period and are inclusive of applicable taxes unless
5. **Deposit: **
- Upon acceptance of the estimate, a deposit amounting to 65% of the total project cost is required to secure materials and reserve the project date.
- Payment of the deposit indicates the client's acceptance of the estimate and agreement to the provided terms and conditions.
- Deposit payments for bespoke flooring options are non refundable, this is due to being made specifically for your desired specification.
6. **Inspection and Approval: **
- We advise the client to be available on the day of completion to inspect and approve the finished floor.
- Payment of the remaining balance will be due strictly upon the completed work outlined in estimate.
7. **Payment: **
- The remaining balance, after deducting the deposit and adding any additional works, is payable on the day of completion.
- Payment methods accepted by the company will be specified in the agreement.
- Late payments may be subject to additional charges and interest at the rate of 5% per month or the maximum allowable by law, whichever is lower.
- Materials supplied by Salisbury Wood Floors Ltd will remain the property of Salisbury Wood Floors Ltd until the full balance for the project is paid by the client. Until such payment is received,
ownership of the materials will not transfer to the client or any third party.
8. **Cancellation and Termination: **
- Either party may terminate the agreement in writing if the other party breaches any significant terms and fails to rectify the breach within a reasonable period.
- In case of cancellation by the client after the project has commenced, the company reserves the right to retain a portion or all the deposit to cover expenses and losses incurred.
9. **Materials/Finishes and Variations: **
- The company shall provide timber flooring materials based on the agreed specifications and quality standards.
- The client acknowledges that wood is a natural material, and natural variations in colours, tones, patternation, and knotting frequency are inherent in timber flooring products, especially rustic
- (Tumbled/Distressed) Damage to some corners, the surface and edges of the boards is part of the distressed appearance and adds to the character of an old looking floor.
- (smoked/Fumed) To achieve this colour the timber is smoked and although this process is controlled the varied colour tones are dictated by a reaction with the natural tannins within the Oak. For
a more consistent colour we recommend a coloured oil or stained finish and not smoked.
- (Rustic) identifies the timber will have knotts and cracks filled with filler as required, the frequency of which we have no control unless, grading has been requested and stated on the writen
- (Solid Wood) Can move periodically due to moisture/humidity levels and gaps can appear and close.
10. **Room Clearance: **
- The client shall ensure that all rooms where work will be conducted are completely cleared, including existing floor coverings, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Failure to clear the rooms as required will result in an additional charge for clearance services and delays caused.
- We will take no responsibility for any damage caused to furniture/fittings/obstacles left in the working area even if agreed in writing.
11. **Additional Services or Materials: **
- Any additional services or materials requested by the client beyond the initial agreement will require specific written agreement and may incur extra charges.
- The client will be charged per man hour plus materials used as outlined in estimate provided or informed of any cost adjustments before proceeding with the additional work.
12. **Liability and Warranty: **
- The company shall not be liable for any damages, losses, or injuries resulting from the natural characteristics of wood or changes occurring after the project's completion.
- The company will provide a 5 year construction warranty for the flooring installation (not the floor finish).
- Specific product warranties can be provided from our suppliers upon request.
- The Customer must promptly notify the Company of any defects or issues related to the wood flooring installation or materials.
- The Company's liability shall be limited to the cost of repairing or replacing the defective work or materials, at its sole discretion
13. **Completion Timeline: **
- The company will make reasonable efforts to complete the project within the agreed timeline. However, unforeseen circumstances may cause delays, and the client acknowledges this possibility.
14. **Skirting and Expansion Gap: **
- To accommodate for natural expansion and contraction of the timber flooring, it is essential to leave an expansion gap around the perimeter of the floor during installation. This gap is normally
covered by rigid trims or new skirting boards.
- Please note that the condition of the existing walls, brickwork, or other surfaces adjacent to the floor may vary, and irregularities in these surfaces may result in a gap between the trim and
the adjacent surface. Such irregularities are beyond our control.
- While we make efforts to fill and caulk, any additional making good, sanding, filling, and painting to achieve a seamless finish including adjacent surfaces will be the responsibility of the
15.**UNDERFLOOR HEATING INSTRUCTIONS**
When installing flooring over underfloor heating, it is essential to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Customer acknowledges and confirms that they have an underfloor heating system installed in the designated area.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the underfloor heating system is properly installed, functioning correctly, and meets the necessary specifications and requirements for wood flooring
- The underfloor heating system must be operating normally and should have been in operation for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the commencement of flooring installation.
- The maximum allowable subfloor surface temperature must not exceed 27°C, with the maximum heat output not surpassing 60W/m².
- The underfloor heating system must be turned off 48 hours before the flooring installation and kept off for an additional 48 hours after the installation is completed. Throughout this period, the
room temperature must be maintained using portable heating methods.
- Upon reactivation of the underfloor heating, the temperature should be raised gradually, increasing by no more than 2°C per day. This process should begin at 18°C and continue until the regular
operating temperature is achieved (maximum 27°C for the subfloor temperature). Please note that minor gaps or cupping of the boards may be observed due to varying moisture levels. It is imperative
not to place any rugs or matting on the floor, as this may create localized high-temperature zones in the flooring.
- The subfloor temperature, as opposed to the air thermostat reading, should be adjusted to ensure that the temperature impacting the back of the flooring boards remains below 27°C. Additionally,
the use of a humidifier is recommended to counteract moisture loss, particularly in the winter months.
- To ensure the compatibility of our products with underfloor heating systems, a valid certificate from the underfloor heating installers or manufacturers is required. This certificate should
confirm that the system is suitable for use with wooden flooring and has been correctly installed, adhering to the stipulation of not exceeding a subfloor temperature of 27°C. While our products are
suitable for use with underfloor heating systems, this suitability is contingent upon the provision of proof as outlined above.
16. **Health and Safety:**
- The client must ensure a safe working environment for the installation team, and all necessary safety precautions and guidelines should be followed during the installation process.
- The company shall not be liable for any accidents or injuries that occur on the client's premises during the installation.
17. **Dispute Resolution: **
- In the event of any disputes or disagreements, both parties agree to make a good-faith effort to resolve the matter through mediation or arbitration.
18. **Governing Law: **
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom, and any legal disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in
England and Wales.
By proceeding with the project and making the required deposit, the client acknowledges and agrees to these terms and conditions. The client further acknowledges that the company's terms and
conditions are subject to change and should be reviewed periodically.